* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
s o m e • f o o d • f o r • t h o u g h t

food is fabulous....and the fact of the matter is there is nothing i would rather do than go out for delicious delights with my dear dear friends. Sweet, savory and oh so yummy is there really anything more marvelous than spending time with the people you love dining over delectables? ...and so kate's kitchen escapades was born.....this little "ode to food" chronicles my love for eating and the oh so exciting adventure that dining out can be.........so read it, enjoy, eat, drink and be merry... i hope you love it as much as i love sharing it with you..…..

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

tealish

oh so "tea"lishous

Tucked away on Walnut, sits a tiny tea heaven oh so sweet and sinfully scrumptious that you can't help but smile when you are sipping one of their specialties. First opening its doors in 2006, Telish, has quickly emerged as one of Toronto's premier tea shops and the little lime green landmark is redefining the way we look at this time honored beverage. Finding myself on Queen West and desperate for my afternoon caffeine fix I knew exactly where to turn. A hop skip and a jump and I walked into the wonderful world of tea, instantly I felt rejuvenated.The beautiful tin boxes sparkled as the soft lighting reflected from them and as i took a deep breath, the shop's sweet aromas soothed my senses. After a little look at all the tiny trinkets (especially loving the flowering tea buds in the glass tea pots….they are stunning and make the most precious present), I turned to the counter and took a stab at ordering. With so many specialties to choose from and over 200 loose leaf teas to try this tea snob was dare I say stumped. Selecting a tea latte off the standard menu, I could hardly wait to take my first sip.With eyes wide I watched patiently as the afternoon treat was prepared and poured into a telish pre-insulated cup (yes that is right, no annoying sleeves needed) . Sweet, smooth and oh so silky I savored each sip…. Recharged, rejuvenated and re energized…I slide on my RayBan's, reapplied my lip gloss and reentered reality…tea in hand of course.


Tealish
198 Walnut Ave
Toronto, ON

No comments: